On October 22, 2020, we invited the community to a town hall discussion on banning facial recognition technology in Minneapolis. The event, archived above, also provided a broader conversation on surveillance and military equipment in Minneapolis, and what steps the city can take to increase oversight and accountability.
The panelists included:
- Steve Fletcher, Minneapolis City Council-member (Ward 3)
- Jaylani Hussein, CAIR-MN Executive Director
- Elizabeth Adams, Stanford University Fellow: Race & Technology
- Chad Marlow, ACLU Senior Advocacy & Policy Counsel
- Emun Solomon, Researcher at Stanford University; Snapchat Product Manager
- Munira Mohamed, ACLU-MN Policy Associate (Moderator)